About Huney...

I'm very optimistic and not to judgmental, I'm bi-racial (half Asian: Filipina & half African: Sierra Leonean), I'm a Scorpio born in the year of the Dragon (1988), I enjoy improving my lifestyle and having the finest things in life! I'm a BlackBerry ADDICT!! And I can be girly but at the same time I tend to posses boy-like-tendencies...




BACK IN ACTION!!


under construction

RACIAL: STEREOTYPES & PROFILING

This episode on Tyra is probably old (lol sorry, I hardly watch T.V anymore) but I just came across it today on WorldStarHipHop.com and I was appalled to see how many close-minded, ignorant people that we STILL have in the world today and the fact that some of that ignorance is rubbing of on the younger generation is really unexceptionable. We should be ending the racism not keeping it alive.



It really hurt me to see the children judge people by there skin color. I'm tired of people seeing white people as a higher power because that's not true! You can be white, black, asian, hispanic, arabic or christian, muslim, rastafarian, buddist.. WHERE ALL THE SAME NO MATTER WHERE YU COME FROM, WHAT RELIGION YU PRAISE, WHAT EVER COLOR YUR SKIN TONE IS YU CAN BE PURPLE FOR ALL I CARE BUT NO MATTER WHAT WE ALL ARE THE SAME WE ALL SHOULD BE TREATED WITH EQUALITY... WE ALL HAVE FEELINGS, WE ALL HAVE BONES, A BRAIN, AND INSIDE WE ALL HAVE THE SAME RED BLOOD FLOWING IN US, SO FUCK YU AND YUR CULTURAL JUDGMENTS!! I don't think its right OR fair for a human being to be treated differently because of where they come from... I don't know about me but thats just what I think..

Their was a scenario there showing a black woman (who is well dressed) with 3 kids and a white woman (who was not that well dressed) with 3 children as well and the feedback was that the white woman was properly token care of while the black woman possibly had 3 baby daddys and on welfare.. OK WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! and then they went on saying how black men are lazy, drug dealers, and no good and black woman are hood rats, dating drug dealers and that hurts to see black people portrayed like that because theirs alot of educated black people out there!!

Yes I am mixed African & Asian and I'm damn proud of both heritage but everytime I meet someone 9 out of 10 times people ask me the same question "Whats yur background", "Are yur parents still together?" OR "Who do you live with yur dad or yur mom?"
HONESTLY LIKE SHUT THE FUCK UP I JUST MET YU AND YUR GOING INTO MY PERSONAL BUSINESS LIKE THAT WILL EFFECT OUR FRIENDSHIP OR WHATEVER FRIENDSHIP WHERE BUILDING!! I DON'T SEE WHY MY PARENTS MARRIAGE SHOULD CONCERN YU, I DON'T BELIEVE THAT MY RACE AND MY FAMILY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY RELATIONSHIP WITH YU!!
& just for the record my parents have been happily married for over 20 years now with 3 beautiful children (ME & MY BROTHERS)!!
And their reaction is funny because most of the time their in shock, or they say oh thats good then we have this awkward silence for like 10 seconds haha

GRRR racial topics get me so heated but I just had to comment about this episode because its real, its out their, its what me, yu and a million others have to go through every day of our lives!!

HARD KNOCK LIFE... but it doesn't have to be if we all can just let change come...

STOP THE FUCKING IGNORANCE PLS!!



anyways AHHH I'm so sorry about my language =( lol but what about yu guys? what are yur thoughts on racial profiling and stereotyping.. Have yu guys ever experienced any for yurself?


2 comment(s):

  1. random said...
     

    Wow! I think racial profiling and stereotypes are wrong, but, it's life. People judge you on everything from your hair color to what you wear, so it's not surprising people judge you based on your race and skin color. I don't believe everyone is the same, and it's obvious were not all equal, but, honestly the profiling and stereotypes do need to stop. The bad thing about it is, no one can end it but us, and I know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

  2. Huney said...
     

    I agree the whole racial issue wont stop.
    It will live on forever no matter what.
    The best thing to do is ignore it, but sometimes theirs just certain things that are hard to ignore.

    xxxo// Huney

Post a Comment



 

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed from 'Huney Says Online' are from my own personal thoughts and experiences. None of the photos on 'Huney Says Online' belong to me, except those personally taken by me and/or stated otherwise.