About Huney...

I'm very optimistic and not to judgmental, I'm bi-racial (half Asian: Filipina & half African: Sierra Leonean), I'm a Scorpio born in the year of the Dragon (1988), I enjoy improving my lifestyle and having the finest things in life! I'm a BlackBerry ADDICT!! And I can be girly but at the same time I tend to posses boy-like-tendencies...




BACK IN ACTION!!


under construction

HAIR CARE TIPS

Here are a few techniques that I use to help stimulate healthier hair growth.
I mean I'm no guru but these strategies actually helped my hair. These techniques may not work for you because I may have different hair texture but it doesn't hurt to try 'cause it may work...

1) START FRESH BY TRIMMING YUR ENDS!!
THATS THE NUMBER ONE RULE THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HAIR GROWTH.
as much as you don't want to cut yur hair you need to get rid of them bad girls!! especially if you have split ends THEY NEED TO BE TRIMMED OFF!!

2) Neutrogena Triple Moisture(NTM) PRODUCTS.
I LOVE LOVEE LOVEEE THIS PRODUCT and I actually use all 6 of them >=D haha

1)NTM Cream Lather Shampoo // 2)NTM Daily Deep Conditioner // 3)NTM Deep Recovery Mask (which I leave on for about 5 mins) // 4)NTM Smooth Shine Anti-Frizz Cream // 5)NTM Silk Touch Leave In and // 6)NTM Healing Shine Serum
What I love most about this product is that it actually works! I believe this really helped my hair to grow healthier too. OK so most of us know that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is BAD for our hair (if yu don't know, now yu know.. haha RIP BIGGIE) and its found in almost EVERY SHAMPOO WE USE (get this they also use that to clean the engines in a car. YAH EWWW! and THATS STRONG and we put it in our hair without even knowing!! UGHHH!!) BUT GUESS WHAT I DISCOVERED!? after reading all the labels in the shampoo section in PharmaPlus (or any department drug store) NTM WAS THE ONLY SHAMPOO I FOUND THAT DID NOT HAVE SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE SO THATS A PLUS!! and it also left my hair nice and soft AND IT SMELLS REALLY GOOD!! yes I LOVE THE NTM FAMILY!! =D

3) NO HEAT!!
Stop curling your hair with heat theres alternatives, use a roller set it may take a long time but its worth it think about your hair. And stop using a flat iron!!
But if yu really want to use the heat utensils then don't use it as often and when doing so use heat protectors. My personal favorite is BIOSILK!! that shieeeet is the BOMB DIGGITY(HAHAHAA) I swear it never fails me it always left my hair nice, silky and smooth and it smells lovely too!!
The good thing about me not using any more heat is that my hair is THICKER NOW!! my hair used to be so thin but now the texture of my hair is better and I actually LIKE IT!! BUT its killing me not to use my flat iron =( I LOVE STRAIGHT HAIR (AND NO MY HAIR ITS NOT RELAXED ITS BIOSILK =D) (but the bright side I got 4 more months 'till I get to straighten my hair, yah that was a promise to myself. The promise that I am SO TEMPTED TO BREAK!! LOL)

4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
I love this too!! I put this on my ends 2 times a day in the morning before I style and at night before bed. It helps lock the hairs moisture in so yur hair doesn't get to dry or brittle.

5) SATIN CAP/SCARF
Its a must (in my books atleast) I always wear my hair in a protective style when I sleep I always wrap my hair in a satin scarf and then I add the satin cap for security.

6) DON'T COMB YUR HAIR DRY
THATS A DEFINITE NO NO. especially if you have curly hair! yah YUR BEGGING FOR YUR HAIR TO BREAK OFF IF YU DO THIS!! I always comb my hair in the shower with a wide tooth comb when its conditioned and wet because I found that its easier for me to comb it. but I always FINGERCOMB my hair if its dry not like all the time but to style and make sure it's not tangled! It also helps define my curls more too =)

7) DON'T WASH YUR HAIR EVERYDAY
It sounds dirty but truth be told yur not supposed to wash yur hair everyday. Yur washing away yur hairs natural oils. I wash my hair 2 days a week with my NTM FAMILY =D haha but once a month I actually wash my hair with RedKen Smooth Down Shampoo yah it does have sodium lauryl sulfate in it but that helps remove the build ups in your hair because of how strong it is thats why I use it ONCE a month.

8) DEEP CONDITION YUR HAIR
I deep condition my hair once a week. Normally with NTM Deep Recovery Mask and mix it with an egg and leave it on my hair for about 15 mins. (I bought this Alberto V05 Strengthening deep conditioner or something like that im actually going to try it out today so look out for the review!!)

9) HAVE A PROTECTIVE HAIRSTYLE
I think this helps to. When I'm at home and not going out I always have my hair in a pony tail (but make sure yur ends are covered and protected) and I leave a satin cap on my head but if I'm home and about to go out I tie my hair back and wrap a satin scarf around my head because when I unwrap the scarf it gives my hair a nice silk wavey look. It looks pretty hot!

10) WATER WATER WATER!!
Make sure to drink plenty of water. thats an old basic trick everyone knows FOR SURE. and not only is it good for yur hair its good for yur health as well as yur skin! Honestly I only drink water now, I drink juice like once a week or every 2 weeks and I noticed that my hair looks better and my COMPLEXION looks so much better then before.

+ 11) MESSAGE YUR HEAD
NOT only does it feel good but I heard it helps stimulate growth as well =D

* * *


so like I said I'm not 'MS KNOW IT ALL' but these techniques worked for me.
so yah ladies hope my hair care tips work for yu or I hope I gave yu some useful tips and information!

feel free to add anything to the list!! for those who are on a hair care journey ('cause I am LOL) Good LUCK girlies!!

2 comment(s):

  1. random said...
     

    Nice tips, also you can add stretching your relaxers, and using peppermint and rosemary oils or using the herb Nettle. They stimulate growth as well.

  2. Jillian said...
     

    I think I might really look into the Neutrogena hair product line you speak of...

    I have really thick and long hair, and as it grows I really want to keep it healthy.

    Love the great tips you give!!!

Post a Comment



 

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed from 'Huney Says Online' are from my own personal thoughts and experiences. None of the photos on 'Huney Says Online' belong to me, except those personally taken by me and/or stated otherwise.